Tuesday 24 April 1979
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Laurentia Tan .
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Heart Of Glass by Blondie.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Manhattan, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Good As Gold by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Turtle's Progress.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Wars or Adventure.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1979!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1979 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Laurentia Tan: Singaporean Paralympic equestrienne.
- John Carroll: American archbishop ex-Jesuit founder of Georgetown University (d. 1815).
- Rhodesian bishop Muzorewa wins general election.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 April 1979
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?