Thursday 12 April 1979
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claire Danes and Jennifer Morrison.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to What A Fool Believes by The Doobie Brothers.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Phantasm, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while American Caesar by William Manchester was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Highcliffe Manor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Armor Battle or Sheriff.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1979!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 12 April 1979 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Claire Danes: TV Actress.
- Jennifer Morrison: American actress and model.
- Paul Nicholls: English actor.
- Mateja Kezman: Serbian footballer.
- Mateja Kežman: Serbian footballer.
- Cristian Ranalli: Italian footballer.
- Claire Danes in New York City: New York; actress (Angela - My So Called Life, Romeo and Juliet).
- Jordan De Jong: American baseball player.
- Elena Grosheva: Russian gymnast.
- Soyuz 33 returns to Earth.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?