Thursday 19 April 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 19, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sven Hassel .
Max Wants a Divorce, directed by Max Linder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1917!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1917 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Sven Hassel: Danish-German soldier and author (d. 2012).
- 21st Boston Marathon won by Bill Kennedy of New York in 2:28:37.2.
- WWI: The Second Battle of Gaza, a fiasco for the British, causes the dismissal of the commander of the Eastern Expeditionary Force, General Archibald Murray.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Where the Black-Eyed Susans Grow - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- There's a Long, Long Trail - James F. Harrison & James Reed
- The Nightingale Song - Lucy Gates