Friday 14 February 1913, Valentine's Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ab [Albert] Visser and Woody Hayes.
Saty delaji cloveka, directed by Jra Sedlcek, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1913!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1913 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Ab [Albert] Visser: Dutch poet / writer (Man Without a Head).
- Woody Hayes: American football coach at Ohio State University.
- Jimmy Hoffa: American labor union leader who became President of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters in 1957.
- James Pike: American minister, an ordained clergyman of the Episcopal Church in 1944, the Chaplain and Dean of the Department of Religion at Columbia University from 1949-1952.
- Mel Allen: Birmingham, Alabama -- Sportscaster (voice of New York Yankees).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When the Midnight Choo Choo Leaves for Alabam' - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- On the Mississippi - American Quartet
- In the Gloaming - Alice Nielsen
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?