Tuesday 4 February 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rosa Parks and Woody Hayes [Wayne].
His Uncle's Wives, directed by Lawrence Marston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 February 1913
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 1913!
Which were the important events of 4 February 1913 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
- Rosa Parks: American activist known as "the mother of the civil rights movement" due to her sparking of the Montgomery bus boycott, leading to a 12/21/1956 Supreme Court order outlawing discriminatory practices on Montgomery busses.
- Woody Hayes [Wayne]: college football coach (Ohio, 1968 coach of year).
- Étienne-Martin : French non-figurative sculptor who received the grand prize for sculpture in the 33rd Venice Biennale in 1966.
- Richard Seaman: English race car driver (d. 1939).
- National Institute of Arts and Letters founded.
- Louis Perlman patents demountable auto tire-carrying wheel rim.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- On the Mississippi - American Quartet
- In the Gloaming - Alice Nielsen
- When the Midnight Choo Choo Leaves for Alabam' - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan