Thursday 17 April 1930US date format: 4/17/1930, UK date format: 17/4/1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 17, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Venantino Venantini and Chris Barber.
All Quiet on the Western Front, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 April 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1930!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1930 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Venantino Venantini
- Chris Barber: English trombonist and bandleader.
- Herbie Mann: Musician.
- Genevieve: Paris, France -- Singer (Jack Paar Show, Scruples).
- Rémy Julienne: French driving stunt performer, stunt coordinator, assistant director and occasional actor, a veteran of over 1,400 films.
- Alexander Golovin: Russian painter and set designer (d. 1930).
- Abkhazian ASSR established in Georgian SSR.
- Neoprene is invented.
- The Chittagong Rebellion begins in India with the Chittagong armoury raid.
- The BBC Radio Service from London, somewhat infamously, reports on this day that ampquotThere is no newsampquot.