Monday 14 May 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 14, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gillian [Marucha] Bradshaw and Steve Hogarth in Kendal.
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
The Killing, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Scrolls From The Dead Sea by Edmund Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lui e lei.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 May 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1956!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1956 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Gillian [Marucha] Bradshaw: United States -- Sci-fi author (Hawk of May).
- Steve Hogarth in Kendal: England; vocals (Marillion - "Clutching at Straws").
- Hazel Blears: English lawyer and politician Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government.
- Joan Malleson: English physician (Born 1889).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?