Saturday June 14, 1980
US date format: 6/14/1980, UK date format: 14/6/1980
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 14, 1980). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Funkytown by Lipps, Inc..
In UK Crying by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
The Stunt Man, directed by Richard Rush, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Portraits by Cynthia Freeman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Coming Home.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Heli Fire or Star Castle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 14, 1980?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- See more
- Theme From NY, New York by Frank Sinatra hits #32
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 14, 1980?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #11 songs in the USA
- Lipps, Inc. - Funkytown
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up (Live At Glasgow)
- Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me
- Bette Midler - The Rose
- Bob Seger - Against The Wind
- Blondie - Call Me
- Billy Joel - It's Still Rock And Roll To Me
- Elton John - Little Jeannie
- Gary Numan - Cars
- Robbie Dupree - Steal Away
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Don McLean - Crying
- MASH - Theme From 'M*A*S*H' (Suicide is Painless)
- Lipps Inc - Funky Town
- Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway - Back Together Again
- Hot Chocolate - No Doubt About It
Top #9 R&B songs
- Jermaine Jackson - Let's Get Serious
- Lipps, Inc. - Funkytown
- Stephanie Mills - Sweet Sensation
- The Manhattans - Shining Star
- The S.O.S. Band - Take Your Time (Do It Right)
- The Fatback Band - Gotta Get My Hands On Some (Money)
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - Landlord
- Roberta Flack With Donny Hathaway - Back Together Again
- The Invisible Man's Band - All Night Thing
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 14If June 14, 1980 is your birthday you're 40 years, 3 months, 15 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 8 months, 16 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on June 14, 1980?
On June 14, 1980 the day of the week was Saturday.
What zodiac sign is June 14, 1980?
On June 14, 1980 the zodiac sign was Gemini.
Who was the US President on June 14, 1980?
On June 14, 1980 the US President was Jimmy Carter (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on June 14, 1980?
On June 14, 1980 the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on June 14, 1980?
On June 14, 1980 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
What was the number one song in June 14, 1980?
The number one song in the week of June 14, 1980 was Funkytown by Lipps, Inc. in US and Crying by Don McLean in UK.
What were the top hits on June 14, 1980?
The top hits on June 14, 1980 were Funkytown by Lipps, Inc., Coming Up (Live At Glasgow) by Paul McCartney, Coming Up by Paul McCartney, Biggest Part Of Me by Ambrosia in US and Crying by Don McLean, Theme From 'M*A*S*H' (Suicide is Painless) by MASH in UK.