Wednesday 14 November 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 14, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Anderson and Valerie Jarrett.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to The Green Door by Jim Lowe.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Odongo, directed by John Gilling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Autumn Across America by Edwin Way Teale was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wedding Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 November 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 November 1956!
Which were the important events of 14 November 1956 ?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
- Valerie Jarrett: Lawyer.
- John Anderson: Politician.
- Kenneth D Bowersox in Portsmouth Virginia USA Lieutenant Commander US Navy/astronaut (sk: STS-50).
- Alec John: Such; rocker (Bon Jovi - "You Give Love a Bad Name").
- Peter R de Vries: Dutch crime reporter.
- Peter DeVries: Dutch journalist who researched the murder of American Natalee Holloway in Aruba.
- Francis Miquel: French sommelier, who worked at Hôtel de France in Auch.
- Riikka Uosukainen: Finnish TV news anchor.
- Babette Babich: American philosopher author and scholar.
- Avi Cohen: Israeli footballer and manager (d. 2010).
- Peter de Vries: Dutch journalist and producer.
- Steve Stockman: American accountant and politician.
- Hungarian revolt put down
- Fighting ends in Hungary.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1956 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?