Thursday 14 September 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 14, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Albert Palle and Eric Bentley.
The Danger Girl, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 September 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1916!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1916 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Albert Palle: French writer, and winner of the 1959 Prix Renaudot.
- Eric Bentley: England, United Kingdom -- Critic / writer (In Search of Theater).
- John Heyer: Australian director and producer (d. 2001).
- Christy Mathewson pitches and wins his final game.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You're a Dangerous Girl - Al Jolson
- There's Someone More Lonesome Than You - James F. Harrison & James Reed