Monday 15 May 1989
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sunny (singer) and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Forever Your Girl by Paula Abdul.
In UK Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Road House, directed by Rowdy Herrington, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Naked Heart by Jacqueline Briskin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Orkney snork nie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arch Rivals or Faria: A World of Mystery and Danger!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1989!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 May 1989 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Sunny (singer)
- Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa
- Teri Gender Bender
- Kiki Vidis: Australian porn actress.
- Sunny (Lee Soon-kyu): South Korean singer (Girls' Generation).
- Chu Chem closes at Ritz Theater NYC after 44 performances
- Blue Jays fire manager Jimy Williams and replace him with Cito Gaston
- Maxwell House coffee runs ads during Roe vs. Wade movie despite threat of boycott by right-to-lifers
- Soviet President Gorbachev in Beijing for 1st Sino-Soviet summit in 30 yrs
- US Basketball League cancels its summer schedule.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?