Monday May 15, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 15, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sunny (singer) and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Forever Your Girl by Paula Abdul.
In UK Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, directed by Steven Spielberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while While My Pretty One Sleeps by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fast Forward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Castle of the Winds or E-Type.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 May 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1989!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1989 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Sunny (singer)
- Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa
- Teri Gender Bender
- Akina Minami: Japanese model.
- Rob Gronkowski: Athlete.
- Kiki Vidis: Australian porn actress.
- Sunny (Lee Soon-kyu): South Korean singer (Girls' Generation).
- Sunny : Pop Singer.
- Chu Chem closes at Ritz Theater NYC after 44 performances
- Blue Jays fire manager Jimy Williams and replace him with Cito Gaston
- Maxwell House coffee runs ads during Roe vs. Wade movie despite threat of boycott by right-to-lifers
- Soviet President Gorbachev in Beijing for 1st Sino-Soviet summit in 30 yrs
- US Basketball League cancels its summer schedule.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Skyy - Start Of A Romance
- Al B. Sure! - If I'm Not Your Lover
- Heaven Help Me - Deon Estus With George Michael
- Guy - I Like
- Grady Harrell - Sticks And Stones
- De La Soul - Me Myself And I
- Atlantic Starr - My First Love
- Natalie Cole - Miss You Like Crazy
- Slick Rick - Children's Story
- Jody Watley - Real Love
Top #10 Latin songs
- Como Tu - Jose Jose
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- AMANDOTE Y SONANDOTE - Braulio
- MALA SUERTE - Vikki Carr
- Ya No Puedo Volver Contigo - Marisela
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- Asi Fue - Isabel Pantoja
- El Gran Combo de Puerto Rico - AMAME
- Solo Con Un Beso - Ricardo Montaner
- Este Ritmo Se Baila Asi - Chayanne
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?