Friday 15 June 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 15, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Laurence Badie and Pierre Siniac.
The Tenderfoot, directed by Ray Enright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 June 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1928 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Laurence Badie
- Pierre Siniac: French writer, who received the Grand Prix de Litterature Policiere in 1981 for three of his works, including "Aime le Maudit.
- Ty Cobb, 41, steals home for 50th and final time