Saturday 15 June 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 15, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dominique Deruddere and Clio Goldsmith.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Sweet Smell of Success, directed by Alexander Mackendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Short Reign Of Pippin Iv by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 June 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1957 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Dominique Deruddere
- Clio Goldsmith: Paris, France -- Actress (Gift, Heat of Desire).
- Seppo Paakkonen: Finnish actor.
- Stephen Lloyd: Kenyan-English businessman and politician.
- Mona Simpson: Author.
- Seppo Pääkkönen: Finnish actor.
- Peeter Pere: Estonian architect.
- Brad Gillis: American guitarist (Night Ranger and Rubicon).
- Ziegfeld Follies of 1957 closes at Winter Garden NYC after 123 performances
- 42.01 cm (16.54) of rainfall, East St. Louis, Ill (state record)
- 57th US Golf Open: Dick Mayer shoots a 282 at Inverness Club in Toledo
- 89th Belmont: Bill Shoemaker aboard Gallant Man wins in 2:26.6
- Yanks trade Billy Martin and Ralph Terry for Ryne Duran
- Oklahoma celebrates its semi-centennial statehood. A brand new 1957 Plymouth Belvedere is buried in a time capsule (to be opened 50 years later on June 15, 2007).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #11 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell) - Chuck Berry
- Bonnie Guitar - Dark Moon
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?