Tuesday 15 June 1943US date format: 6/15/1943, UK date format: 15/6/1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 15, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Johnny Hallyday and Xaviera Hollander.
The Constant Nymph, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 June 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1943!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1943 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Johnny Hallyday: French singing superstar, known as the French Elvis.
- Xaviera Hollander: Indonesian prostitute and madam who, during travels to South Africa and the U.S.
- Bertrand Renouvin
- Bilbao (Spain)
- Jim Sensenbrenner: Politician.
- Lee Shallat-Chemel: American director and producer.
- Billy Tauzin: Politician.
- Aron Kincaid in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Warren - Bachelor Father, Ski Party).
- Poul Rasmussen: Danish politician 38th Prime Minister of Denmark.
- Congress of racial Equality (CORE) forms