Tuesday 15 June 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Johnny Hallyday and Xaviera Hollander.
Spitfire, directed by Leslie Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Valley of Decision by Marcia Davenport was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1943!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 June 1943 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Johnny Hallyday: French singing superstar, known as the French Elvis.
- Xaviera Hollander: Indonesian prostitute and madam who, during travels to South Africa and the U.S.
- Bertrand Renouvin
- Bilbao (Spain)
- Aron Kincaid in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Warren - Bachelor Father, Ski Party).
- Poul Rasmussen: Danish politician 38th Prime Minister of Denmark.
- Lee Shallat-Chemel: American director and producer.
- Congress of racial Equality (CORE) forms
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?