Wednesday 12 September 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alfred Dudley and Robert Irwin.
The Docks of New York, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Swan Song by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1928!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1928 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Alfred Dudley: American entrepreneur and CEO of First Brands, a home and auto products company, manufacturing Glad bags and Prestone antifreeze.
- Robert Irwin: American artist who designed a garden for the Los Angeles Getty Center which opened in 1997.
- Vandeweghe Ernie: Canadian-born American athlete, a professional basketball player from 1949-1956.
- Muriel Siebert: American businesswoman and philanthropist (d. 2013).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?