Tuesday 11 September 1928
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 11, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Earl Holliman and Reubin Askew.
Beggars of Life, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 September 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1928!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1928 ?
- Earl Holliman: American actor.
- Reubin Askew: American politician, a liberal Dem.
- Lisa Richette: American jurist, colorful and controversial, combative and outspoken.
- Lorraine Geller
- William Kienzle: American priest and author (d. 2001).
- Earl Holliman in Louisiana: USA; actor (Police Woman, Tribes, Cry Panic).
- Reubin O'Donovan Askew: American politician.
- Ty Cobb last hitting appearance, pops out against Yankees
- ''The Queen's Messenger'' is the first melodrama broadcast by Ernst F. W. Alexanderson at W2XAD Schenectady, NY Kenmore's WMAK station starts broadcasting in Buffalo, New York.