Sunday 30 September 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Fries and Elie Wiesel.
The Wedding March, directed by Erich von Stroheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Claire Ambler by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1928!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1928 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Charles Fries: American film and TV producer.
- Elie Wiesel: Jewish writer, whose works provide a sober yet passionate testament of the destruction of European Jewry during World War II.
- Ray Willsey: Canadian-American football player and coach (d. 2013).
- Le Sifflet publishes 1st precursor of Kuifje (Tintin)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?