Sunday 30 September 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 30, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elie Wiesel and Charles Fries.
The Fall of the House of Usher, directed by Jean Epstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 September 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1928!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1928 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Elie Wiesel: Jewish writer, whose works provide a sober yet passionate testament of the destruction of European Jewry during World War II.
- Charles Fries: American film and TV producer.
- Ray Willsey: Canadian-American football player and coach (d. 2013).
- Le Sifflet publishes 1st precursor of Kuifje (Tintin)