Monday 3 September 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Donald Fisher and Serge Bourguignon.
Our Dancing Daughters, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Greene Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1928!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1928 ?
- Donald Fisher: American retailer and CEO of The Gap, a popular clothing retail chain that he founded with his wife.
- Serge Bourguignon: French film director and screenwriter.
- Pierre Troisgros: French chef and businessman, who earned three Michelin stars while working at his family's restaurant, "les Frères Troisgros" (The Troisgros Brothers).
- Gaston Thorn: Luxembourg politician, 8th Prime Minister of Luxembourg and 7th President of the European Commission (d. 2007).
- Baseball Hall of Famer Ty Cobb got his 4,191th and final career hit
- Alexander Fleming, at St Mary's Hospital, London, accidentally rediscovers the antibiotic Penicillin.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?