Friday 14 September 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 14, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alberto Korda and Albert Shanker.
Beggars of Life, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 September 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1928!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1928 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Alberto Korda: Cuban photographer (d. 2001).
- John Reginald "Nat" Allen: Planning enforcement officer / climber.
- Albert Shanker: American labor leader (American Federation of Teachers).
- Jay Cameron: American reed player and saxophonist (d. 2001).
- Angus Ogilvy: Son of English Princess Alexandra.