Friday 28 September 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 28, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Martine Sarcey and Naphtali Kupferberg.
The Fall of the House of Usher, directed by Jean Epstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 September 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1928!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1928 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Martine Sarcey
- Naphtali Kupferberg: Singer (Fugs).
- Koko Taylor: American singer and actress (d. 2009).
- Prussia forbids speech from Adolf Hitler
- US acknowledge Chinese government of Chiang Kai-shek
- Juan de la Cierva makes first helicopter flight over English Channel.
- New York Yankees clinch pennant #6.
- Sir Alexander Fleming notices a bacteria-killing mold growing in his laboratory, discovering what later became known as penicillin.
- The U.K. Parliament passes the Dangerous Drugs Act outlawing cannabis.