Saturday 29 September 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 29, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Angelo Errichetti and Lord Avebury.
The Fall of the House of Usher, directed by Jean Epstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 September 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1928!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1928 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Angelo Errichetti: American politician, the former mayor of Camden, NJ, indicted on a bribery charge in 1980 when an FBI agent posing as an Arab millionaire offered money for favors.
- Lord Avebury
- George Sella: American chemical engineer and CEO in charge of American Cyamid, an agriculture and specialty chemical production company.
- Gerhard Stoltenberg: German politician (CDU) and minister in the cabinets of Ludwig Erhard, Kurt Georg Kiesinger and Helmut Kohl.
- Ankie [Johanna A Hoving-]Peypers: Dutch author / poet.
- Brajesh Mishra: Indian politician and diplomat 1st Indian National Security Advisor (d. 2012).
- Nathan Shamuyarira: Zimbabwean journalist and politician Zimbabwean Minister of Foreign Affairs (d. 2014).
- Eric Lubbock: 4th Baron Avebury English lieutenant engineer and politician.
- Cardinals win NL pennant with a 3-1 win at Boston
- Yanks (17) Tigers (28) set 9 inning hit record (45) - Tigers win 19-10