Thursday 16 December 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James McCracken and Alfred Koerppen.
Tell It to the Marines, directed by George Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Private Life of Helen of Troy by John Erskine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1926!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1926 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- James McCracken: American tenor (Born 1926).
- Alfred Koerppen: Composer.
- James McCracken in Gary: Indiana, USA; dramatic tenor (Rodolfo - La BohTme).
- James McCracken: American singer, a dramatic tenor in opera.
- A Robinson: Trinidadian lawyer and politician 3rd President of Trinidad and Tobago (d. 2014).
- Jeffrey Stone: American actor and screenwriter (d. 2012).
- Darius Milhauds opera Le Pauvre Matelot, premieres in Paris
- WOW-AM in Omaha NE begins radio transmissions
- Kenesaw Mountain Landis renews 7-years as baseball commissioner.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin' Along - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- I Can't Get Over a Girl Like You (Loving a Boy Like Me) - Billy Murray & Aileen Stanley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?