Monday 12 August 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 12, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sid Bernstein and Guy Gibson.
Shifting Sands, directed by Albert Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 August 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1918 ?
- Sid Bernstein: American record producer (d. 2013).
- Guy Gibson: Indian-English commander and pilot Victoria Cross recipient (d. 1944).
- Anna Held: Polish-born American actress and singer (Born 1872).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I'm Always Chasing Rainbows - Sam Ash
- I'm Always Chasing Rainbows - Harry Fox
- Belgian Rose - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Tiger Rag - Original Dixieland Jazz Band