Tuesday 17 April 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 17, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Faye Young and Pillow [Therese Joan Bell].
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
Our Miss Brooks, directed by Al Lewis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Love Or Perish by Smiley Blanton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Double Cross.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 April 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1956 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Faye Young: WBL forward (NY Stars, New Jersey Stars).
- Pillow [Therese Joan Bell]: California, United States -- Bodybuilder (Gold Classic 1983).
- Kaye Young Cowher Women's Professional Basketball League forward (New York Stars: New Jersey Gems).
- Colin Tyre: Lord Tyre Scottish lawyer and judge.
- Kominform disbands
- Willie Mosconi sinks 150 consecutive balls in a billiard tournament.
- Bulgaria premier Tchervenkov resigns.
- Premium Savings Bonds are introduced in Great Britain.
- Elizabeth II inaugurates Chew Valley Lake.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the UK
- The Poor People Of Paris - Winifred Atwell
- The Dreamweavers - It's Almost Tomorrow
- Kay Starr - Rock And Roll Waltz
- The Hilltoppers - Only You
- Dave King With The Keynotes - Memories Are Made Of This
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?