Monday 17 April 1939US date format: 4/17/1939, UK date format: 17/4/1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on April 17, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Favre-Miville and Henri Conze.
Juarez, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 April 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1939 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Paul Favre-Miville
- Henri Conze: French senior official, who served from...
- Claude Delacroix: Belgian radio entertainer.
- Dusty Springfield: Musician.
- Robert Miller: American art dealer (d. 2011).
- Stalin signs British-France-Russian anti-Nazi pact
- Joe Louis knocks out Jack Roper in one for heavyweight boxing title.