Monday 17 April 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robin Knox-Johnston and Claude Delacroix.
Juarez, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1939 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Robin Knox-Johnston: Yachtsman.
- Claude Delacroix: Belgian radio entertainer.
- Henri Conze: French senior official, who served from 1993 to 1996 as head of the “General Directorate for Armament”, which is the French Government Defense procurement agency responsible for the program management, development and purchase of weapon systems for the French military.
- Paul: French ecclesiastic, a Trappist monk.
- Robert Miller: American art dealer (d. 2011).
- Stalin signs British-France-Russian anti-Nazi pact
- Joe Louis knocks out Jack Roper in one for heavyweight boxing title.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?