Saturday 17 December 1949
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Rodgers and Jean-Yves Gateaud.
Samson and Delilah, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while The Aspirin Age, 1919-1941 by Isabel Leighton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching College of Musical Knowledge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1949!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 December 1949 ?
- Paul Rodgers: English singer-songwriter and producer (Free Bad Company The Firm and The Law).
- Jean-Yves Gateaud
- Françoise Grenot-Wang: French Sinologist who founded the 'Couleurs De Chine' charity which operates in south China to assist ethnic minority girls to attend school.
- Sotiris Kaiafas: Cypriot footballer.
- David Stanley Smith: Composer, dies at 72.
- Regina closes at 46th St. Theater NYC after 86 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Yingle Bells - Yogi Yorgesson with The Johnny Duffy Trio
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?