Wednesday 28 December 1949
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yasmin Khan and Harry Middleton.
All the King's Men, directed by Robert Rossen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while The Seven Storey Mountain by Thomas Merton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Steve Allen Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1949!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1949 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Yasmin Khan: American noted family, the daughter of Prince Aly Khan and his wife, actress Rita Hayworth, born in Switzerland.
- Harry Middleton: American nature writer, most noted for his novel, The Earth is Enough, which chronicles Middleton's young life growing up in the rural Ozark mountains of the central United States.
- Barbara De Fina: American production manager and producer.
- 20th Century Fox announces it will produce TV programs.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Blue Christmas - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?