Tuesday 27 December 1949
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Denys Granier-Deferre and Annie Wilson.
All the King's Men, directed by Robert Rossen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching The Steve Allen Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1949!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1949 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Denys Granier-Deferre: French film director, the son of director Pierre Granier-Deferre.
- Annie Wilson: American noted family, married to Carl Wilson of the "Beach Boys" when she was 18, 1956.
- Terry Ito: Japanese director producer and critic.
- United States of Indonesia gains independence from Netherlands
- Queen Juliana (Netherlands) grants sovereignty to Indonesia.
- Indonesian National Revolution: The Netherlands officially recognizes Indonesian independence. End of the Dutch East Indies
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 December 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Blue Christmas - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?