Monday 19 December 1949
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claudia A Kolb and Lenny White.
Whisky Galore, directed by Alexander Mackendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching College of Musical Knowledge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1949!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1949 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Claudia A Kolb: United States -- 200m breast stroke swimmer (1964 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Lenny White: Rocker.
- Francis Collomp: French hostage, kidnapped in Rimi (North Nigeria) by an Islamist group (Ansaru).
- Sebastian : Danish singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Orna Berry: Israeli computer scientist and businesswoman.
- Nancy Kyes: American actress
- Luxury passenger ship Aquitania demolished in Garelock Scotland
- WJW TV channel 8 in Cleveland, OH (CBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Yingle Bells - Yogi Yorgesson with The Johnny Duffy Trio
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?