Tuesday 17 January 2012
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Bachelorette, directed by Leslye Headland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Welcome to the Basement.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan or Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 2012!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 17 January 2012 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 January
- Unknown assailants kill 2 Hungarians, 2 Germans and an Austrian in northeastern Ethiopia. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011–2012 Syrian uprising:
- Syria rejects calls for Arab troops to intervene in the country's conflict. (News24)
- 25 people are killed by Syrian security forces in the latest violence. (Voice of America)
- Officials in Burma order the military to stop offensives in ethnic minority areas. (''Bangkok Post'')
- 2011–2012 Yemeni uprising: Vice President Abdurabu Hadi says that presidential and parliamentary elections planned for next month will go ahead. (CNN)
- Yahoo! co-founder Jerry Yang resigns as chief executive officer. ''(San Jose Mercury News)''
- At least 26 people are killed after a truck's brakes fail along a busy street in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. (BBC)
- India and China agree to establish a working mechanism to deal with border issues. (''The Hindu'')
- Crackdown on dissidents in the People's Republic of China: Authorities in China charge dissident Zhu Yufu for ampquotsubverting state powerampquot. (''The New York Times'')
- Kim Jong-nam, half-brother of new North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, predicts the regime will fall if reforms are not made soon. (UPI)
- Vietnam's Prime Minister Nguyễn Tấn Dũng orders an investigation into a guerrilla-style standoff with farmers who laid land mines and firing improvised shotguns amid a land eviction. (''Straits Times'')
- Abdollah Jassbi resigns as President of Islamic Azad University after near thirty years in position. (Tabnak)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 17 January 2012
Division 2Football (France)
- Guingamp - Nantes : 2 - 0
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Hayes & Yeading - Ebbsfleet : 1 - 2
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Tranmere - Rochdale : 0 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?