Friday 6 January 2012, Epiphany
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Sexy And I Know It by LMFAO.
The Flowers of War, directed by Yimou Zhang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while A Dance With Dragons by George R. R. Martin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Welcome to the Basement.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Baka and Test or Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 2012!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 6 January 2012 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 January
- 2011–2012 Syrian uprising: According to Syrian state media, 26 people are killed and 63 wounded when a suicide bomber blows himself up at a police station in Damascus. The Syrian opposition blames the Syrian government for orchestrating the attack, and alleges that they have leaked information from security forces that Aleppo is next. (CNN)
- Asa'ib Ahl al-Haq, the Iranian-backed Shiite militia that carried out deadly attacks on U.S. troops agrees to lay down its arms and join the political process in Iraq. (ABC News)
- Eight people are killed and 10 wounded in Kano, in the latest in a series of attacks on church in northern Nigeria. (CNN)
- The Ramnit worm steals more than 45000 Facebook logins and passwords. (CNet)
- Symantec, maker of the popular Norton antivirus software, acknowledges that hackers have acquired ampquota segment of its source code,ampquot a partial confirmation of claims made by the Lords of Dharmaraja. (Reuters)
- A Tibetan protester sets himself on fire in Sichuan, China. (BBC)
- The Jamaican Prime Minister Portia Simpson-Miller announces that the country is to become a republic, with plans to remove Queen Elizabeth II as head of state and the Jamaican monarchy in general. (''The Guardian'')
- Peter MacKay, Canadian Minister of Defence. marries Nazanin Afshin-Jam, an Iranian former beauty queen, in a private ceremony in Mexico. (CBC)
- Sweden beats Russia 1-0 in overtime in the 2012 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships gold medal game. (ESPN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 6 January 2012
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Alcoyano - Celta : 0 - 3
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Wycombe - Huddersfield : 0 - 6
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Burton - Accrington : 0 - 2
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Ascoli - Padova : 0 - 2
- Brescia - Crotone : 3 - 0
- Cittadella - Empoli : 2 - 1
- Grosseto - Livorno : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?