Wednesday 4 January 2012
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Sexy And I Know It by LMFAO.
The Flowers of War, directed by Yimou Zhang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Beautiful Homes.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Kinect Star Wars or Diablo III.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 2012!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 4 January 2012 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 January
- After her poor showing during the Iowa caucus, presidential candidate Michele Bachmann ends her campaign. (MSNBC)
- Two bombs explode in the northern Nigerian city of Maiduguri with the Boko Haram movement believed to be responsible. (Reuters)
- Storms kill seven, with local states of emergency declared in Southeast Region, Brazil. (''Daily Star'')
- At least 16 people die after a bus runs off a bridge in China's Guizhou province. (AP via IBN Live)
- The China Air Transport Association advises that Chinese airlines will not pay the carbon costs under the European Union's Emissions Trading Scheme. (ABC Online)
- The military-backed civilian government of Burma (Myanmar) marks the anniversary of the country's independence by commuting prison sentences and releasing more than thirty prisoners. (CNN)
- Gary Dobson and David Norris are jailed for life for the 1993 murder of Stephen Lawrence. Dobson is given a minimum of 15 years and two months, and Norris 14 years and three months. (BBC)
- Mexican drug cartel kingpin Benjamín Arellano Félix pleads guilty to racketeering and conspiracy to launder money in the United States. (''Washington Post'')
- The President of Argentina Cristina Fernández de Kirchner temporarily hands over power to her Vice-President Amado Boudou ahead of surgery for thyroid cancer. (CNN)
- Republican primary candidate and former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney wins the 2012 Iowa Caucus, with candidate and former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum behind by eight votes Congressman Ron Paul had a strong showing in third place. (CBS News)
- Former Prime Minister of Greece George Papandreou announces that he will resign as head of the Panhellenic Socialist Movement. (Reuters)
- Armed commandos will be ordered to protect endangered tigers in India's Bandipur and Nagarhole national parks. (SMH)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 4 January 2012
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Everton - Bolton : 1 - 2
- Newcastle - Man United : 3 - 0
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- Ergotelis - Xanthi : 1 - 2
- Kerkyra - Aris : 1 - 0
- Olympiakos - Atromitos : 1 - 0
- Panetolikos - Panathinaikos : 1 - 1
Futbol Ligi 1Football (Turkey)
- Besiktas - Eskisehirspor : 2 - 0
- Gaziantepspor - Antalyaspor : 1 - 0
- Genclerbirligi - Samsunspor : 1 - 1
- Orduspor - Fenerbahce : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?