Sunday 29 January 2012
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Bachelorette, directed by Leslye Headland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Lothaire by Kresley Cole was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lyons Den.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Emo Ray vs the Intergalactic Teddy Bears or BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 2012!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 29 January 2012 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 January
- Police confront protesters with tear gas and stun grenades in the U.S. city of Oakland, California more than 100 arrests are made. (CNN)
- 2011–2012 Syrian uprising:
- Syrian Army forces launch an offensive in areas of the capital Damascus, as 60 people are killed across the country in the latest violence. (Al Jazeera)
- The Free Syrian Army orders a tactical withdrawal from the affected suburbs. (Reuters)
- The Sudan People's Liberation Movement - North claims to have captured 29 Chinese workers and 9 members of the Sudan People's Armed Forces following a clash with government forces. (AFP via Google News)
- Gunmen attack a police station in the Nigerian city of Kano, with Boko Haram believed responsible. (Reuters)
- Happy Mondays, at the forefront of the Madchester scene, reform. (BBC)
- Screen Actors Guild Awards
- The 18th Screen Actors Guild Awards is held in the US city of Los Angeles with Jean Dujardin winning the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role for his role in ''The Artist''. (''USA Today'')
- Cyclone Iggy kills 14 people and injures 60 over a four day period in Indonesia. (CNN)
- At least 10 people die in an accident on the Interstate 75 south of the US city of Gainesville, Florida. (Newsday)
- Greece rejects outright German proposals for direct European Union control of the country's financial affairs, expressing opposition to further outside interference. (BBC)
- In Addis Ababa, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon addresses the first African Union summit since the demise of Muammar Gaddafi, calling for improvement of LGBT rights. (BBC)
- The exiled Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal and Abdullah II of Jordan meet in Khaled Meshaal's first trip to Jordan since his expulsion in 1999. (CNN)
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) inspectors begin a three-day visit to Iran. (''Times of India'')
- Bangladesh and India sign a deal to build a US$1.5 billion power plant. (BBC)
- Former Papua New Guinea Army Colonel Yaura Sasa, who led a recent coup d'etat attempt to restore former Prime Minister Sir Michael Somare to power, is charged with mutiny. (Reuters)
- At least three people are killed and 100 injured in clashes between Bangladeshi police and members of the opposition Bangladesh Nationalist Party protesting against the government. (Reuters via Yahoo)
- Three members of the Shafia family are convicted of murder in relation to the Shafia family deaths in the Canadian city of Kingston, Ontario. (''Toronto Star'')
- Large crowds greet Burmese opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi as she begins a campaign for 1 April by-elections. (''Bangkok Post'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 January 2012
Serie AItalian Football
- Cesena - Atalanta : 0 - 1
- Chievo - Lazio : 0 - 3
- Fiorentina - Siena : 2 - 1
- Genoa - Napoli : 3 - 2
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Bergen - Club Brugge : 0 - 2
- Cercle Brugge - Standard : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Mainz - Freiburg : 3 - 1
- Stuttgart - M'gladbach : 0 - 3
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Betis - Granada : 1 - 2
- Levante - Getafe : 1 - 2
- Malaga - Sevilla : 2 - 1
- Santander - Valencia : 2 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?