Wednesday 18 January 2012
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Micah Lanfer .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Bachelorette, directed by Leslye Headland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Thinking, Fast And Slow by Daniel Kahneman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Welcome to the Basement.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 99 Spirits or Crashmo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 2012!
Which were the important events of 18 January 2012 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Micah Lanfer: American child of noted parent, his mother is actor Sarah Drew known for her performance in the popular television series "Grey's Anatomy.
- Italian cruise ship captain Francesco Schettino admits having made navigational errors that led to the capsizing of the ''Costa Concordia'' in Italian waters on January 13, killing at least 11 people. (BBC)
- Severed human hands and feet are found near the Hollywood sign in Los Angeles, California, close to where a man's severed head was recently discovered. Los Angeles police continue their search for more body parts connected with the case. (''Huffington Post'')
- Federal prosecutors in the United States charge seven people with insider trading in shares of computer firm Dell Inc., alleging that the ring made a criminal profit of nearly $62 million. (Reuters)
- Protests against Stop Online Piracy Act and Protect IP Act:
- Several major websites, including Reddit and the English Wikipedia, undergo blackouts in protest against controversial internet legislation proposed by the United States Congress. The two pieces of legislation in question are designed to combat online piracy, but are feared to inadvertently threaten online innovation and freedom of speech. (''New York Times'')
- A number of American lawmakers, including SOPA co-sponsor Marco Rubio, withdraw their support for the SOPA proposal. (''Washington Post'')
- The Prime Minister of Pakistan, Yousuf Raza Gilani, appears before Pakistan's Supreme Court, facing contempt proceedings that could see him barred from holding public office if found guilty. (BBC)
- A new Neptune-sized exoplanet is discovered by an amateur astronomer in Peterborough, England. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 18 January 2012
Division 2Football (France)
- Amiens - Monaco : 1 - 2
- Angers - Troyes : 2 - 3
- Arles - Reims : 2 - 2
- Bastia - Le Havre : 1 - 0
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- Levadeiakos - Aris : 1 - 1
- Panathinaikos - Doxa Dramas : 1 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?