Tuesday 17 July 2012
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
The Dark Knight Rises, directed by Christopher Nolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Gold by Chris Cleave was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Farouk Omar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crusader Kings 2: Sword of Islam or Ben 10: Omniverse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 2012!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 July 2012 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 July
- Marissa Mayer, who was a top executive at Google for the past 13 years, is appointed Yahoo! Inc.'s CEO. (AP)
- The Syrian consulate in Almaty, Kazakhstan, is seriously damaged by a fire which its staff blame on an arson attack. (AFP via Radio Free Europe)
- An Afghan soldier, Abdul Saboor, who killed five French soldiers in a remote part of Kapisa province in January 2012, is sentenced to death by an Afghan military court. (BBC)
- Several 1-inch needles are found in sandwiches on multiple Delta Airlines flights from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol to the United States. The FBI and Dutch authorities launch a criminal investigation. (CNN)
- A pilot for SkyWest Airlines on administrative leave attempts to steal a Bombardier CRJ200 at St. George Municipal Airport in the U.S. state of Utah, killing himself after. (CNN)
- Seventeen people are wounded after being shot in a bar in Alabama, United States. (SMH)
- A train derails south of Egypt's capital Cairo, injuring at least 15 people. (BBC)
- The National Forces Alliance, led by interim Prime Minister Mahmoud Jibril, wins 39 out of 80 seats reserved for political parties in the Libya's first elections. (BBC)
- North Korea announces the appointment of Hyon Yong-chol as the new head of the Korean People's Army, replacing Ri Yong-ho. (BBC)
- Kadima party leaves Netanyahu's government due to a dispute concerning military conscription for ultra-Orthodox Jews in Israel. (BBC)
- Three astronauts, Sunita Williams of the United States, Yuri Malenchenko of Russia and Aki Hoshide of Japan, arrive at the International Space Station for a three month visit. (Space.com)
- The International Cycling Union (UCI) announces that Fränk Schleck failed a drugs test at the Tour de France he withdraws from the event. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?