Friday 20 July 2012
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Step Up Revolution, directed by Scott Speer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Great Destroyer by David Limbaugh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Farouk Omar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Assassin's Creed III: Liberation or Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 2012!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 July 2012 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 July
- Syrian uprising (2011–present):
- Major General Hisham Ikhtiyar, the head of Syrian national security, dies of wounds he received from a bombing in the capital Damascus on July 18. (BBC)
- Thousands of people flee the country. (''Financial Times'')
- Fighting continues in Damascus and other cities. (Al Jazeera)
- The United Nations Security Council extends the United Nations Supervision Mission in Syria for 30 days. (Al Jazeera)
- A gunman opens fire at a movie premiere of ''The Dark Knight Rises'' in Aurora, Colorado, killing at least 12 people and injuring 59 others. (CNN)
- Bomb and shooting attacks kill two people and wound four in southern Thailand. (Naharnet)
- At least 13 people are killed in clashes in Duékoué and a camp for displaced people in Ivory Coast. (IOL)
- Amnesty International says Muslim Rohingyas in western Burma have been subject to attacks and arbitary arrests. (BBC)
- The Olympic Torch arrives in London for the final stages of the UK-wide relay ahead of the 2012 Summer Olympics. (BBC)
- DirecTV and Viacom agree to a long-term deal for DirecTV to carry Viacom channels. (CNN)
- 21 people were killed and 29 others were injured in bus accident in the Mexican state of Nayarit. (Fox News)
- The custody of three anti-Putin protesters from the Pussy Riot group is extended for another six months before their trial begins. (AP via Google News)
- David Burgess, already serving life imprisonment on two counts of murder, is given a fresh life sentence after being convicted of the 1966 murder of Yolande Waddington, a nanny from Berkshire, England. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?