Monday 30 July 2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
The Campaign, directed by Jay Roach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Darker by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Damien's Quest.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battleloot Adventure or The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Dragonborn.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 2012!
Which were the important events of 30 July 2012 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 July
- Nine people are killed after a train crash in Bratoszewice in Poland. (BBC)
- 31 ampndash In the worst power outage in world history, the 2012 India blackouts leave 620 million people without power.
- Syrian civil war:
- 200,000 people flee intense fighting in Syria's largest city Aleppo. (BBC)
- Syria's chargé d'affaires in London, Khaled al-Ayoubi, resigns in protest over ampquotoppressive actsampquot by the Syrian regime. (''USA Today'')
- Three women from Russian feminist punk rock band Pussy Riot go on trial in Moscow for holding an ampquotunsanctioned performanceampquot which called for the ouster of Vladimir Putin at Moscow's Christ the Saviour Cathedral in February. (BBC)
- The sudden death of writer Maeve Binchy, who sold more than 40 million books worldwide, is announced on Irish television by Vincent Browne. (RTE)
- A train fire kills 32 passengers and injures 27 on the Tamil Nadu Express in Andhra Pradesh, India. (''Times of India'')
- A fire ignites at the U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati during pyrotechnic testing before ''WWE Raw''. No one was injured. (WWE)
- Four people are sentenced to death for their involvement in a bank fraud scandal in Iran. (BBC)
- Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff convenes a truth commission to investigate Brazil's military dictatorship. (''Tagesschau'')
- Romanian President Traian Băsescu could survive the referendum on his impeachment that shows a massive vote against him but under 50% turnout.The Constitutional Court of Romania will give the final word on whether to validate the referendum later this week. (BBC)
- 2012 Summer Olympics:
- 15-year-old Rūta Meilutytė wins Lithuania's first ever Olympic gold in the pool. (BBC)
- In weightlifting, Kim Un-Guk of North Korea sets a new world record in winning a gold medal in the 52 kg class. (Reuters)
- In swimming, Dana Vollmer of the United States sets a new world record in the 100 meter butterfly. (CBS News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 30 July 2012
Division 2Football (France)
- Monaco - Tours : 4 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?