Saturday 28 July 2012
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
The Campaign, directed by Jay Roach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Wicked Business by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Damien's Quest.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Doctor Who: Worlds in Time or Dream PetHouse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 2012!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 28 July 2012 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 July
- Tanks of the Syrian Army commence attacks against the rebel-held city of Aleppo. (BBC)
- Two NATO service members are killed in an attack in eastern Afghanistan. (''USA Today'')
- Ethnic clashes in southern Ethiopia lead to the killing of at least 18 people and wounding of 12 others. (BBC)
- The sunken German U-Boat ''U-550'' is discovered off the coast of Massachusetts, United States. (''Der Spiegel'')
- Andriy Shevchenko announces his retirement from football in order to go into politics. (BBC)
- 2012 Summer Olympics:
- In archery, Im Dong-Hyun of South Korea sets a new world record at Lord's Cricket Ground. (AP via ''New Zealand Herald'')
- In swimming, Cameron van der Burgh of South Africa sets a new Olympic Record at the men's 100m breaststroke. (''Chicago Tribune'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 28 July 2012
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Bergen - Oud-Heverlee Leuven : 5 - 2
- Club Brugge - Waasland-Beveren : 3 - 1
- Germinal - Lokeren : 2 - 4
- Kortrijk - Anderlecht : 1 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Lens - Le Mans : 2 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?