Tuesday 17 June 1952
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fabienne Thibeault and Etienne Chatiliez.
Clash by Night, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Struggle For Europe by Chester Wilmot was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I've Got a Secret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1952!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 June 1952 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Fabienne Thibeault: Canadian singer from Quebec, she sang in "Starmania", the French version of Tycoon, composed by Michel Berger.
- Etienne Chatiliez
- Sergio Marchionne: Italian-born business executive with dual citizenship in Canada and Italy, he is credited with turning around Fiat.
- Mike Milbury: American ice hockey player, coach and executive.
- Estelle Morris: Baroness Morris of Yardley English educator and politician Secretary of State for Education.
- Alberto Williams: Argentine Composer (Etrerno Reposo), dies at 89.
- 2 mine cave-ins at Charleroi, Belgium
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?