Saturday 17 March 1906, St. Patrick's Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brigitte Helm [Gisele Eve von Kuenheim] and Tamara Geva.
while Lady Baltimore by Owen Wister was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1906!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1906 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Brigitte Helm [Gisele Eve von Kuenheim]: Berlin, Germany -- Actress (Gloria, Gold).
- Tamara Geva: dancer.
- Brigitte Helm: German-Swiss actress (d. 1996).
- Carlos Calvo Argentina diplomat (Calvo Clause): dies at age 82.
- President Theodore Roosevelt uses term "muckraker".
- Stanley Cup: MontrTal Wanderers beat Ottawa Silver 7, although both winning a game, MontrTal outscores Ottawa 12-10.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Daddy's Little Girl - Byron G. Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?