Saturday March 17, 1906, St. Patrick's Day
US date format: 3/17/1906, UK date format: 17/3/1906
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 17, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Brigitte Helm and Brigitte Helm [Gisele Eve von Kuenheim].
The Last Witch, directed by John B. Dolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 17, 1906?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- See more
- President Theodore Roosevelt uses term "muckraker".
- Carlos Calvo Argentina diplomat (Calvo Clause): dies at age 82.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 17, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Byron G. Harlan - Daddy's Little Girl