Saturday 17 March 1906, St. Patrick's DayUS date format: 3/17/1906, UK date format: 17/3/1906
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 17, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Henny Youngman and Lloyd Waner.
The Last Witch, directed by John B. Dolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 March 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1906!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1906 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Lloyd Waner: Athlete.
- Henny Youngman: Comedian.
- Brigitte Helm [Gisele Eve von Kuenheim]: Berlin, Germany -- Actress (Gloria, Gold).
- Tamara Geva: dancer.
- Brigitte Helm: German-Swiss actress (d. 1996).
- Carlos Calvo Argentina diplomat (Calvo Clause): dies at age 82.
- President Theodore Roosevelt uses term "muckraker".
- Stanley Cup: MontrTal Wanderers beat Ottawa Silver 7, although both winning a game, MontrTal outscores Ottawa 12-10.