Saturday 31 March 1906
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sin-Itiro Tomonaga and Lauri Saikkola.
Lappbilder, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
while Coniston by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1906!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1906 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Sin-Itiro Tomonaga: Japanese physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1979).
- Lauri Saikkola: composer.
- Shin'ichiro Tomonaga: Japanese physicist, Nobel laureate (d. 1979).
- GB Shaws German version of Caesar & Cleopatra premieres in Berlin
- The Intercollegiate Athletic Association of the United States (later the National Collegiate Athletic Association) is established to set rules for college sports in the United States.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1906 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When the Mocking Birds are Singing in the Wildwood - Frank Stanley
- Medley of Old-Time Reels - Charles D'Almaine
- Wait Till the Sun Shines, Nellie - Prince's Orchestra
- The Original Cohens - Len Spencer & Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?