Sunday 17 March 1929, St. Patrick's Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Florence Howe .
Girls Gone Wild, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1929!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1929 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Florence Howe: American historian author and publisher founded The Feminist Press.
- General Motors acquires German auto manufacturer Adam Opel.
- Spanish dictator Primo de Rivera closes university of Madrid.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?