Sunday 17 March 1929, St. Patrick's DayUS date format: 3/17/1929, UK date format: 17/3/1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 17, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Marie Saget and Florence Howe.
Asphalt, directed by Joe May, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 March 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1929!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1929 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
Famous Birthdays:17 March
- General Motors acquires German auto manufacturer Adam Opel.
- Spanish dictator Primo de Rivera closes university of Madrid.