Friday 29 March 1929US date format: 3/29/1929, UK date format: 29/3/1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 29, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sheila Kitzinger author and Ronald Clive Williams.
The Charlatan, directed by George Melford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 March 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1929!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1929 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Ronald Clive Williams: Actor / comedian.
- Sheila Kitzinger author: anthropologist and child birth educator.
- François Duhil de Benaze: French businessman.
- Fran?ois Benaze: Chartres EXecutives.
- Utpal Dutt: Indian actor director and playwright (d. 1993).
- Sheila Kitzinger: English activist author and academic (d. 2015).
- Richard Lewontin: American biologist geneticist and academic.
- Lennart Meri: Estonian director and politician 2nd President of Estonia (d. 2006).
- Stanley Cup: Boston Bruins sweep New York Rangers in 2 games