Friday 29 March 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sheila Kitzinger author and Ronald Clive Williams.
Coquette, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1929!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 29 March 1929 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Ronald Clive Williams: Actor / comedian.
- Sheila Kitzinger author: anthropologist and child birth educator.
- François Duhil de Benaze: French businessman.
- Fran?ois Benaze: Chartres EXecutives.
- Utpal Dutt: Indian actor director and playwright (d. 1993).
- Sheila Kitzinger: English activist author and academic (d. 2015).
- Richard Lewontin: American biologist geneticist and academic.
- Lennart Meri: Estonian director and politician 2nd President of Estonia (d. 2006).
- Stanley Cup: Boston Bruins sweep New York Rangers in 2 games
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?