Friday 22 March 1929US date format: 3/22/1929, UK date format: 22/3/1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 22, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tan Sri P Ramlee and Sergio Cervato.
The Divine Lady, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 March 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1929!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1929 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Tan Sri P Ramlee
- Sergio Cervato: Italian soccer player.
- Mort Drucker: American illustrator.
- Yayoi Kusama: Japanese painter and sculptor.
- Anton Beer-Walbrun: Composer, dies at 64.
- KIT-AM in Yakima WA begins radio transmissions
- USCG vessel sank Canadian schooner suspected of carrying liquor
- US Coast Guard vessel sinks Canadian schooner suspected of carrying liquor.
- 66 horses run in Irish Grand National Sweepstakes.