Friday 22 March 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sergio Cervato and Mort Drucker.
The Passion of Joan of Arc, directed by Carl Th. Dreyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1929!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1929 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Sergio Cervato: Italian soccer player.
- Mort Drucker: American illustrator.
- Yayoi Kusama: Japanese painter and sculptor.
- Anton Beer-Walbrun: Composer, dies at 64.
- KIT-AM in Yakima WA begins radio transmissions
- USCG vessel sank Canadian schooner suspected of carrying liquor
- US Coast Guard vessel sinks Canadian schooner suspected of carrying liquor.
- 66 horses run in Irish Grand National Sweepstakes.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 March 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?