Friday 22 March 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tan Sri P Ramlee and Sergio Cervato.
The Divine Lady, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 March 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1929!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1929 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Tan Sri P Ramlee
- Sergio Cervato: Italian soccer player.
- Mort Drucker: American illustrator.
- Yayoi Kusama: Japanese painter and sculptor.
- Anton Beer-Walbrun: Composer, dies at 64.
- KIT-AM in Yakima WA begins radio transmissions
- USCG vessel sank Canadian schooner suspected of carrying liquor
- US Coast Guard vessel sinks Canadian schooner suspected of carrying liquor.
- 66 horses run in Irish Grand National Sweepstakes.