Tuesday 12 March 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Costello and Lupe Anguiano.
Spies, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Roper's Row by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1929!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 12 March 1929 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Bernard Costello: United States -- Double sculls (1956 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Lupe Anguiano: Mexican-American civil rights activist.
- Win Tin: Burmese journalist.
- Asa Griggs Candler: American businessman (Born 1851).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?