Wednesday 6 March 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hal Miller and Ho Dam.
Spies, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Dodsworth by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1929!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1929 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Hal Miller: British MP.
- Ho Dam: North Korean Secretary of State (1970-83).
- Thomas S Foley American politician (Representative-Democrat-Washington: 1965-94)/majority whip/Speaker of House.
- Tom Foley: American attorney, politician and Ambassador to Japan.
- Roger Tallon: French industrial designer, who with his team created hundreds of products, including industrial robots for Peugeot, the apparently purposeless 8mm film camera "Veronic", the Gallic 16 and 14 lathes for the Belgian company La Mondiale – a quantum leap in machine tooling –, airport vehicles, forklifts for Fenwick, graphic images for Fenwick Aviation, and a slide projector for Kodak.
- Lester Felton: Detroit sports Champions
- Turkey and Bulgaria sign friendship treaty.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?