Tuesday 19 March 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Herman van San and Michael Ryan.
Aelita: Queen of Mars, directed by Yakov Protazanov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1929!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1929 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Herman van San: Composer.
- Michael Ryan: Actor (John Randolph-Another World).
- Robert Muczynski: Composer.
- Miquel Marti i Pol: Catalan poet (d. 2003).
- Joseph Marien: Belgium sport Champion.
- Gene Taylor: American jazz musician, bass player. Second child. Played with Horace Silver, Duke Pearson, Blue Mitchell, Judy Collins and Nina Simone.
- Miquel Pol: Catalan poet and educator (d. 2003)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?