Monday 4 March 1929US date format: 3/4/1929, UK date format: 4/3/1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 4, 1929). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Haitink and Craig Huebing.
Asphalt, directed by Joe May, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 March 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1929!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1929 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Bernard Haitink: Dutch conductor of international allure.
- Craig Huebing: American actor who is known for his various doctor roles on soap operas.
- Harold Hassall: English footballer and manager (d. 2015).
- Wolfgang Hollegha: Austrian painter and academic.
- Josep Quadreny: Spanish composer.
- Josep Mestres Quadreny: Catalan composer.
- Elaine Shore: American actress (d. 2007).
- Peter Swerling: American theoretician and engineer (d. 2000).
- Darrett Rutman: American historian and academic (d. 1997).
- Darrett B Rutman: US historian (d. 1997).
- Herbert Hoover inaugurated as 31st US President.
- Charles Curtis (Republican-Kansas) becomes first native American Vice President.