Saturday 23 March 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Albert H Crews and Gerrit den Braber.
Coquette, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1929!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1929 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Albert H Crews: Astronaut.
- Gerrit den Braber: Dutch composer / producer.
- James Ackley Maxwell: Actor / director (Traitors, Pyt Potter, Otley).
- Sir Roger Bannister: English runner.
- Nusrat Bhutto: Iranian-Pakistani political figure.
- Eugene Thomann: France sport Champion
- Roger Bannister: England, United Kingdom -- 1st to run a 4 minute mile (May 6, 1954)
- Michael Manser: English architect and engineer
- 1st telephone installed in White House
- First telephone installed in White House.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 March 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?