Thursday 17 May 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 17, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James P. Moran and Jim Moran.
Molly and Me, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 May 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1945!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1945 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Jim Moran: Politician.
- James P. Moran: Politician.
- D A S Pennefather: Major General / Commandant (General Royal Marines).
- George Miller American politician (Representative-Democrat-California: 1975-).
- Earle Marsh: American TV executive and co-author, worked for Showtime Entertainment as of 1981.
- Guy Rouget: French international truck driver and homicide victim.
- B Chandrasekhar: Indian cricketer.
- Esin Engin: Turkish singer-songwriter and actor (d. 1997).
- Tony Roche: Australian tennis player and coach.
- 2 US P-47 Thunderbolts bomb Kiushu
- Two US P-47 Thunderbolts bomb Kiushu, Japan.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bell-Bottom Trousers - Tony Pastor & His Orchestra
- Mills Brothers - I Wish